Monday, March 15, 2010

The weekend that was

Saw heavy rain and a bunch of houseguests. I was initially looking forward to their visit- but later on was just feeling very tired from a crazy work week and not up to hosting noisy 23-year-olds. Well- the weekend was a lot of fun, despite the terrible weather. I went out drinking with the bunch, did some touristy stuff, but returned home earlier than them, just so I could behave my age at some point. :p The group basically consisted of my best friend's kid brother and bunch of his friends and other friends' younger siblings. The "TGFI-didi" image was pretty much shattered as she downed shot after shot with the rambunctious bunch. But a good time was had by all. :-)
At home, I was busy yelling at the boys to keep it down as they returned home in the wee hours of the morning, as noisy and talkative as ever. The last of them left today, the apartment is clean and the silence is boring. Just when I was wondering if I was becoming old and impatient and intolerant of company, I am glad the people-person in me is very much there!

No comments: