Friday, April 23, 2010

W O M M

I am glad I have a short fuse when it comes to indulging in self-pity-parties. I get pretty tired of my own whining soon enough, and am able to shake it off and get up and go. Yeah, nobody ever said life would be simple or easy.

I was at a huge meeting for the past 5 days. An international meeting attended by over 15k people. It was the best meeting I have ever been to, in terms of how the meeting was organized, the caliber of science being presented, the motivation and energy levels and the quality of talks. Several european speakers couldn't make it thanks to Eyjafjallajökull, but they managed to seamlessly present their talks by phoning in, to huge audiences.

The only downside of all of this: the meeting totally messed with my head and I don't know if I want to leave academia to cross over to the dark side now.

Also managed to meet up with a blogger- which was so much fun. More about that next.

2 comments:

palscape said...

the meeting totally messed with my head and I don't know if I want to leave academia to cross over to the dark side now.

This is what used to happen to me all the time. Lots of indecisiveness right after scientific meetings.

However, having crossed over to that side, I really don't regret it so much. The trick probably is to take up something that still allows you to go to these meetings and meet-up all the smart bunch of people.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

good to know that,,,