Thursday, April 01, 2010

Yeah!

The best time to ask your boss for time off is when he is heading out the door. :)

The conversation with my boss went very well. He smilingly okayed a month off, saying that it was a great life event and I should celebrate and enjoy it. Then he said we should sit down and prioritize what needs to get done in the next 8 weeks and that I should really work hard on bringing at least one of my projects to some semblance of completion. I am going to be working my ass off for the next 8 weeks, and hopefully lose some weight too in the process, so that I can fit in my wedding sari with enough left for the pallu.

:))))))) yeah!

4 comments:

shub said...

haha! yay! :D

transmogrifier said...

haha, congrats!
Is a good feeling I know.. :)
Good luck with the work, and enjoy your wedding.

- yet another grad student, and admirer of your blog.

Neha said...

yea!!good for you..congrats on securing a leave.
Getting a de javu as exactly 3 months back i went through the same process of 'asking boss leave-trying to lose weight-wrapping up work'!

Tachyoson said...

ongrats on the impending wedding, TGFI .... and the taking-of-leave. speedy weightloss to you!