Thursday, May 06, 2010

General rant

If you are really serious about the job search business, it has to show. I think its very very common knowledge that a boilerplate resume (Addressed to "dear sir or madam" - when the job ad has the name of a contact person) and cover letter don't work. If you, with a Masters degree under your belt don't know that, I really don't know what to say. Turns out that you do know that, but are plain lazy to do any better. Don't waste my time asking for tips or help then. Just like you did a year ago. Nothing irritates me more than someone trying to find a job but totally unwilling to put in the required effort- which, in today's climate, is a lot. Because I know people that are pulling out all stops, doing all the networking/googling/revising they can to better their chances but still finding it frustratingly hard. And then there's people who just want a job to fall in their laps and refuse to make any extra effort. Seriously?


1 comment:

Abhishek said...

I'm working on something in a different context, but the sentiment in the post is exactly what I needed to hear.

Thanks