Thursday, September 23, 2010

W O M M

Passive aggression has its highs. I came home last night a bit peeved off by my interactions with various people over the past few days and dashed off two stinker emails. I slept so well and woke up so happy. :)

Another small thrill this morning was setting out to iron my shirt and realizing that it didn't need ironing. :)

In continuing the industry v/s academia debate in my head: one very good point was recently made by someone: If i switch to industry now, at such a junior stage, making my way back into academia will actually be more challenging because in the few yrs I would have spent in Industry, I would be out of the publishing game, and hence, when I try to make my way back, will compete with people who have been actively publishing. Very good point. I must address and plan accordingly. (May be find an industry position that lets me publish and/or enter into acad collabs..).

My post-doc mentor, who is in the process of resubmitting his grants, woefully mentioned to me how he felt bad about not putting me down as post-doc in his next round of grants. :(

The CWG. What a sad unfunny joke.

2 comments:

Raam Pyari said...

I live in London and I have heard so many jokes about the CWG that i think i also need to write stinker mails to someone now!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

Honestly, I am unable to tell the media exaggeration from the real issues as far as this goes.