Tuesday, November 02, 2010

W.O.M.M

Paneer jalebis. Thats on my mind right now. Gosh. I crave so badly now! Anyone in Bombay reading this, please go and get a plateful of them from your nearest Brijwasi or Chappanbhog or..sigh. Enjoy.

Today I went and bought a whole lot of groceries- restocked after ages- only to come home to find that the lift wasn't working. :( The security guard who I chat with every now and then offered to help me bring my bags up. That really totally made my day, as I was mentally preparing to make 2 trips up and down 5 floors each time - with a bad back. She really didn't have to help me out, and I almost hugged her for her niceness.

Diwali is coming up! Happy Diwali to all of you.

I am starved of good blogs to read. Please to suggest. I generally enjoy personal blogs, well-written, argumentative, and don't take themselves too seriously.. :) Know any?

Today while in the grocery I am talking to my niece on the phone and she says "So what is up?" As if that wasn't bad enough, when I tell her I'm buying groceries, she goes "At 8:30 in the night?" and before I could react to that, she stops and then repeats herself "At 8:40 in the night?". :D

6 comments:

ferret said...

I'll keep a check on the comments to get the blog recommendations, thank you :)
and happy diwali to you.
..and i'll go google now to find out what paneer jalebis are!!

nitish said...

Blech! Paneer Jalebis? Mumbaikars have a weird palate.

"Female Science Professor" is a decent blog in case you haven't seen it already.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

nitish
seen it and you are banned

Sakshi said...

I thought you were taking a jab at me with the line "personal blogs, well-written, argumentative, and don't take themselves too seriously." But then I knew it wasn't directed at me. We both now the well-written is not my forte.

Hehe.

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

lol

SF-1 said...

Good Luck with your search !!!

And Best Wishes for the season...