Monday, January 24, 2011

W O M M

Last night was my first ever all-nighter in this lab. After almost 2 years of being here! Yeah! Just the other day, I was bemoaning to a friend how I can no longer do these and I miss that feeling of accomplishment at dawn after one finishes an all-nighter and is riding the bus home as everyone else is coming in to work. :)

As I walked back home this morning at 7 AM and the cold draft hit my face, I thought I was ready to turn around and go right back to lab. But when I got into my warm apartment, the bed beckoned. 3 hours of sleep later, I am getting ready to go for the next shift. This is how it feels when you feel good and you feel like crap, at the exact same time.

5 comments:

Shripriya said...

Love the last line so much, I reblogged it. Seriously - a horrible/good feeling that you don't want to repeat, but are glad it happened and so glad it's behind you. :)

satish said...

mast!

Raam Pyari said...

in all weirdness I know exactly what you are talking about!

Amrita said...

Happy New Year! Albeit very late. I loved the last line too - paints a picture that line does!

Calvin said...

Yup, a nice feeling you don't want to repeat...but really glad that it happened...