Monday, May 09, 2011

W O M M

Just after I blogged about my parents and niece's obsession with staring at others I had to share this bit. This past weekend we were walking about downtown Princeton- my parents, my sis, my niece and me. It was a nice sunny afternoon and there were a whole lot of people- locals, tourists etc. strolling around. My mom was wearing one of her beautiful saris and was probably the only one in a sari, despite the fact that that place is full of desis. As she stood leafing through some clothes on sale on a rack outside a store, a little girl- a bit older than my niece, and perhaps European ? happened to see my mom, and stood at the store entrance gawking at her for a bit. As if that was not enough, she then went and got hold of two of her younger sisters and these three little kids stood transfixed, gaping at my mom for the next five minutes or so. It was the most hilarious sight. We think they all thought they spotted a bollywood actress. :)

Days are slipping by fast. The next few days are really really tight for me, deadline-wise. I was hoping to get done with this one big task by Thursday, but now I'll be happy if I get it done by Friday. Fingers crossed as I still wait on other people to do their bit so I can take it forth from there.

Spending time with my niece is the best de-stresser ever.

I really do want to learn how to wear a sari and pull it off with grace and confidence. And no, not so that I can have random kids staring me down. :-).

3 comments:

nitish said...

I too wish I could pull off a sari with grace minus all the pointing and gaping. Hmm...that is one Janus-faced sentence.

phatichar said...

Howdy? I thought I read you guys are gonna return?

tgfi said...

lol