Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It is sinking (in) part 2

Next step to really drive home that you are moving out? Putting up your items for sale. After a lot of procrastinating I finally posted my stuff this morning and already have people fighting over my stuff (or so I'd like to believe). :) I was stressing out about not being able to get rid of all my stuff but turns out that if you mark down your stuff there's always several poor post-docs who have just moved in and want it . As of now I am saving numbers in my cellphone with names such as table, chair, bookshelf. :) The phone has been ringing non stop and the new mail icon is bouncing endlessly on my mac. Stay tuned for stories of bidding wars, cat-fights and what not at the home of TGFI. Yay! exciting!

ETA: Of course, it could also end like this

11 comments:

ferret said...

i hope not!! that linked post had me grinning through.
Btw any idea where Ni vanished from her blog, i miss it :(

the.orchestra.of.life said...

I hope it doesn't end like "this" ! But I know that feeling very well :)

Ni said...

LOL !
How are you?
Where are you? Waiting to read all the R2I posts. :D

@Ferret: awwwww!

Tachyoson said...

TGFI.... wherever you are, you are missed. Be happy!

Gradwolf said...

Ohhh here after ages. India I guess? Good luck!

The_Girl_From_Ipanema said...

:-) nice to see u guys!

elpis said...

Hey tgfi,

Yours was one of the first blogs (non tech related anyway) I read back in 2006 when I first moved to the US.Reading your blog gave me a taste of what life was like in the US and you expressed it in such a charming manner. I have not been here for a while, but looks like you are back in India. I look forward to posts preparing me for my own R2I. Full circle, huh? :)

Anonymous said...

not updating?

poornakatha said...

Hope your R2Iing is going well! I used to be a diligent follower of your blog as a grad student. Was inspired by stories of your lab-life :)

anantha said...

Came in here after a long time. No posts on blog. You moved?

Scarlett O'Hara said...

Aah. I should've come here long back, I'd have known you came to India then itself... :)

Welcome home, darling. Albeit a little belated. :)