Monday, September 29, 2014

Stay At Home Person

So the job in B1 did not work out. I think it was a blessing in disguise, given that I actually found myself often questioning the move to B1. It has gotten harder to live in, filthier, and a lot more chaotic than I remember it.

And the biggest draw for me to move to B1- the presence of a huge network of close friends- didn't really get exploited because of the crazy traffic. I had a close friend in the building right next to my workplace, and I never visited her , because, I was afraid I wouldn't get an auto back home if I did that post work. Hah!

Anyhow, I am back to B2. Several kilos heavier after eating all the vada pavs and other assorted junk food that I loved, with a pinched nerve in my back thanks to the 9 hour  desk job, 1 hour on the blessed WEH (Western Express Highway) and auto drivers that are always in a hurry and do not care if they are dislocating your vertebra, one by one.

For the most part, I don't feel bad about this. Like a friend helped me rationalize- I got to explore this option- of working in B2, and finding it less than optimum. Except that I miss the job and I don't quite enjoy the unemployed status.

I got to do some soul searching, and have chalked up following life improvement goals while I hunt for a job. So I shouldn't complain. Below they are in order of priority

1) Finish post doc paper
2)  Gym + learn driving + get back to cooking
3) Find a job
4) Renew friendships/networks in B1.

So yeah. All the best to me.

And I will leave with a picture of the day- this really is an awesome photo - love it!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-29357472





No comments: